Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Time to Get Back In The Game.

Hi folks.. After an extended absence it is now past time for us to start communicating again. Like most of you I have been paying attention to race between Senators Barack Obama and John McCain. Not suprisingly, that tone of the campaign has taken a sharp turn toward the ugly with the criticisms getting sharper and he subtext of race gusing to the fore. During the most recent show/debate the "good" Senator from Arizona referred to Obama as " that one". I don't know about you but that phrase took me back to a time when the one in the phrase could have easily been replaced with the " N" word.
Many supporters of Senator Obama have started to prematurely express victory. However I would remind those who are so inclined that the "jury is still out" and America continues to grapple with the prospect of whether or not the nation is ready to hand the reins to a person of color. The polls are encouraging but the margin is not substantial enough as of yet to guarantee victory.
There is a growing concern among some that electronic voting has some fundamental weaknesses that will show themselves. In fact, there are already indications that a massive nationwide push is underway to disenfranchise scores of mostly minority voters.These efforts need to be met with an informed electorate.
These are trying times for the nation with the way out belonging to those who practice the lost art of clear thinking. In the meantime, fasten your seatbelts and brace for turbulence.
I hadn't planned on writing so much but it has been a while since we communicated.
I have several questions for you. Will the economy get worse be fore it gets better?

Will the nation overcome racial fear and predjuidice and elect Barack Obama?

Are you confident that the voting process will be transparent and free of
glitches that could impact the results?

Let, Communicate

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi GW,
I am a long time listener but have not called into the show... I wanted to start out by saying that I love your show as well as the music... I wouild love to know the name and title of the song that you close most of your shows out with. I have tried calling several times just to ask that question but have been unsuccessful. Please email me if you can the answer at Marjoriedjones@aol.com

Much thanks.

Anonymous said...

GW
I've been listening to your show on XM, but having trouble finding you on the internet. Radiotime use to broadcast your show. Is there anyway to listen without satellite radio? Pls send info to ronaldsully.1@juno.com

Anonymous said...

I called in to your show today. I asked why democrats think they African Americans can't get an I.D. to vote. I would think this was insulting that people think blacks can't figure out how to get an I.D. Of course you diverted and then hung up and then proceeded to tell your listeners that I hung up. That was classy!

People like you are what holds African Americans back. You make listeners believe they are victims and only the government (democrats of course) can help them. Here is what you have created. When I see a black officer in the Armed Services I immediately think what minority program got them into an officer program? Every time I see a black doctor I think what minority program got them into medical school? I think that is terrible for the blacks who actually earn their way into those programs.

You wonder why these types of programs don't make it. It has to be because George Soros is funding you.

You are as much a fraud as Obama!

Frederick said...

I gues this blog is not attended to. I too listen every day and cannot ever reach the show via phone or web. All I want to know is that the ending music is. Sounds 70s female soul. Please help if you can.

And GW needs to be on facebook and twitter. The show is too short. 1 hr is way too short.

Anonymous said...

GW, I love your show. You keep it fair and objective to all of your listeners. I can't call because of my work schedule, but that closing song is so soulful! What is the name of it?

Anonymous said...

G.W. YOU ARE THE DONNIE SIMPSON OF TALK RADIO YOU'LL SMOOTH NOTHING SEEMS TO RATTLE YOU.THEY NEED TO GIVE YOU MORE TIME & IT'S TIME FOR DA BLACK MAN TO STAND UP REACH OUT BE HEARED,TAKE BACK WHAT THE EMENTY HAS STOLE FROM US GET BACK TO DA BASIC